CANCELLED: The Speakeasy
Savoring the Arts Fundraising Dinner
Sat, Apr 4, 20206:00 pm Tickets
Tickets will be mailed. We will contact sponsors for logo and other promotional information. THANK YOU!
The Heyde Center for the Arts has been following the advice of and the procedures laid out by the Chippewa County Health Department and the CDC in this time of COVID-19 uncertainty. The building will be closed to the public until April 30, 2020.
We would like to publicly acknowledge the wonderful sponsors and table/individual ticket purchases that allowed these funds to be used as donations to keep the Heyde Center afloat. A full list will be displayed here once we have heard back from everyone.
With the postponement of Jerry Way's musical "Hot Off the Press" to June and the cancellation of our biggest fundraising event of the year, the financial impact is significant (roughly $50,000 of lost revenue or 10% of our annual budget). If the crisis continues beyond mid-April, the Heyde Center, like many other small businesses and non-profits, will have to re-schedule additional performances, rentals, and other events.
We realize that this is a confusing and difficult time for so many small businesses and their employees. Please be kind and understanding to your friends, family, neighbors and community members. We will get through this by supporting each other.
If you are able, please re-double your efforts to spend local and keep small businesses afloat. If you would like to support the Heyde Center, there are a few things that you can do:
- Go to our online auction "Bid, Win and Grin" and bid on an amazing array of unique local experiences and items. This is a fun activity that you can do from your home computer or your mobile phone. The online auction starts on April 1st at 8:00 a.m. and ends April 9th at 5:00 p.m.
- Invest in a 2020 Entertainment Package Pass or a Gift Certificate that can be used for upcoming performances, art classes, or other events after life has returned to normal.
- Buy tickets to an upcoming performance or register for an upcoming art class. Purchasing these tickets or registering for a class now will help the Heyde Center through the pending cash flow crunch.
- Consider a Donation to help the Heyde Center cover essential operating costs (such as insurance, utilities, and staffing costs).
- Become a Member of the Chippewa Valley Cultural Association, Inc. and be part of a movement of people that believes that arts and culture is an important part of a healthy and vibrant life.